Four men, two women in third class
BY MARK K. CAMPBELL
The class for the third induction of Azle ISD Athletic Hall of Fame has been locked in.
Set to be enshrined with the elite group of Azle’s top athletes:
• Jay LaFlair – a football and baseball standout who played many years of pro baseball
• Bobby Gathright – Class of 1978, a multi-sport star with exceptional basketball skills
• Amy Parten – Class of 1989, a four-year volleyball and basketball letterman who went on play four years of volleyball at Central Oklahoma
• Brent Hargrove – Class of 1978, a football and track star who finished his gridiron career as a captain of the UTA squad
• Gary Rodriguez, Class of 1994, a baseball and football who went on to play minor league baseball for several teams
• Kim Davenport Hale – Class of 1986, a three-year letterman in three sports: basketball, track, and volleyball and a cheerleader; played volleyball at Tarleton State University
The rest of this story is restricted to subscribers only.