Woman assaulted, held captive for 3 days

azle Cosby mug C.tif
Michael Dwayne Cosby

Azle man jailed

An Azle man is in the Parker County jail after his girlfriend reported he assaulted her and held her against her will.

Michael Dwayne Cosby, 44, is charged with assault family violence (choking) with bond set at $10,000. He is also held without bond for a parole violation warrant out of another county with no bond.

Cosby’s 28-year-old girlfriend told deputies she and Cosby argued Friday, March 15, at the travel trailer where they live in the 1200 block of Oakridge Road.

The woman said at one point during the argument, Cosby choked her until she “almost blacked out.” He also assaulted her causing multiple injures to her face, back, neck, arms, shins, and knees, the woman said.

Then, Cosby locked her in a bedroom inside the trailer for three days, according to a press release issued by Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler.

The woman begged Cosby to take her to a medical center where she received scheduled treatments for an illness every other day, but he refused.

The victim told deputies she attempted to escape at one point, but Cosby caught her and dragged her back into the travel trailer by her hair.

The woman said she eventually convinced Cosby to take her to the medical center for her treatment. Before going, Cosby made her cover her injuries with makeup, she said.

Cosby dropped her off at the medical center but then phoned the facility and told an employee there he would take her from the treatment center and nothing would stand in his way.

A medical staff member at the treatment center dialed 9-1-1 for the victim.

Sheriff’s investigators obtained a warrant for Cosby. He was arrested without further incident and charged with assault causing bodily injury impeding breath/circulation of a family member.

The medical treatment facility staff also requested a criminal trespass warning against Cosby.

The travel trailer where Cosby and the woman live is located just one block from where a home burned to the ground in February, a few hours after the Fort Worth Bomb Squad, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) and Parker County Sheriff’s deputies searched the home and found what they believed to be a pipe bomb.