Azle, Springtown names on list
by Carla Noah Stutsman
Four people from Azle and two from Springtown were among those indicted after a Parker County grand jury met Thursday, Nov. 20 in Weatherford.
The grand jury meets twice monthly to consider evidence in criminal cases presented by the Parker County District Attorney’s Office.
Indictments were handed down against the following area residents, among others:
• Dennis Glen Brooks, 45, of Azle, was indicted for theft $1,500-20,000, a state jail felony, and for theft $100,000-200,000, a second-degree felony.… Read the rest
by Mark K. Campbell
“You will grieve.”
Brian Brinkmann knows firsthand what loss is – and how surviving holidays can be tough.
Brinkmann’s 17-year-old daughter Sarah was killed in a car crash Nov. 17, 2009.
As expected, he struggled with the loss until he eventually found GriefShare.
A single dad at the time and well involved in ministry, Brinkmann’s world eroded.
“I thought church was a place where I could hide my emotions,” he said.… Read the rest
Event starts a 7 p.m. in Weatherford
The second annual Parker County courthouse lighting is slated for Saturday, Nov. 29 at 7 p.m.
A big crowd is expected; last year, over 1,000 people showed up.
This year’s ceremony will be substantially shorter, county official Joel Kertok noted.
The event starts with Christmas carols at 7 p.m. with the actually courthouse and tree lighting following at 7:15.… Read the rest
The following individuals who list addresses in the Azle and/or Springtown areas were arrested by various law enforcement agencies and booked into the Parker County Jail Nov. 15-20.
• Wilder Eric Jones, 20, of Poolville, was arrested Nov. 15 by Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) troopers and charged with driving while intoxicated.
• Weatherford police arrested David M. Guay, 24, of Poolville Nov. 16 and charged him with driving while intoxicated.… Read the rest
The Parker County Grand Jury returned an indictment against Morgan Lopatesky of Weatherford Thursday, Nov. 20.
Lopatesky is charged with accident involving personal injury or death – more commonly called “hit-and-run.”
The indictment stems from an Aug. 11 accident in the Hudson Oaks Walmart parking lot that took the life of Marla Carroll, 58, of Poolville.
The charge is a second-degree felony punishable by 2 to 20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine in situations in which a death was caused in the accident.… Read the rest
The following individuals who list addresses in the Azle and/or Springtown areas were arrested by various law enforcement agencies and booked into the Parker County Jail during the week of Nov. 8-14.
• A 37-year-old Springtown woman was arrested Nov. 8 by Parker County Sheriff’s deputies for insufficient bond for a prior charge of evading arrest or detention with a motor vehicle.… Read the rest
A Parker County grand jury met in Weatherford on Nov. 6 to consider evidence presented by the Parker County District Attorney’s office in a number of criminal cases.
Among others, the grand jury handed down indictments against two people who live in the Azle area.
• Mikeul David Fite, 65, of Azle was indicted for theft of property, $1,500-20,000, a state jail felony.… Read the rest
by Carla Noah Stutsman
Azle folk will soon have a unique opportunity to fight hunger locally, enjoy world class entertainment in the form of a Christmas concert and – for many – meet up with an old friend.… Read the rest
The following individuals who list addresses in the Azle and/or Springtown areas were arrested by various law enforcement agencies and booked into the Parker County Jail between Oct. 24 and Nov. 7.
• A 35-year-old Springtown woman was arrested Oct. 24 by Parker County Sheriff’s deputies and charged with possession of a controlled substance – penalty group 1, 1-4 grams. She also had active warrants for failure to identify from Westworth Village and a parole violation from Austin.… Read the rest