Event starts a 7 p.m. in Weatherford
The second annual Parker County courthouse lighting is slated for Saturday, Nov. 29 at 7 p.m.
A big crowd is expected; last year, over 1,000 people showed up.
This year’s ceremony will be substantially shorter, county official Joel Kertok noted.
The event starts with Christmas carols at 7 p.m. with the actually courthouse and tree lighting following at 7:15.… Read the rest
The following individuals who list addresses in the Azle and/or Springtown areas were arrested by various law enforcement agencies and booked into the Parker County Jail Nov. 15-20.
• Wilder Eric Jones, 20, of Poolville, was arrested Nov. 15 by Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) troopers and charged with driving while intoxicated.
• Weatherford police arrested David M. Guay, 24, of Poolville Nov. 16 and charged him with driving while intoxicated.… Read the rest
The Parker County Grand Jury returned an indictment against Morgan Lopatesky of Weatherford Thursday, Nov. 20.
Lopatesky is charged with accident involving personal injury or death – more commonly called “hit-and-run.”
The indictment stems from an Aug. 11 accident in the Hudson Oaks Walmart parking lot that took the life of Marla Carroll, 58, of Poolville.
The charge is a second-degree felony punishable by 2 to 20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine in situations in which a death was caused in the accident.… Read the rest
The following individuals who list addresses in the Azle and/or Springtown areas were arrested by various law enforcement agencies and booked into the Parker County Jail during the week of Nov. 8-14.
• A 37-year-old Springtown woman was arrested Nov. 8 by Parker County Sheriff’s deputies for insufficient bond for a prior charge of evading arrest or detention with a motor vehicle.… Read the rest
by Natalie Gentry
A Parker County grand jury met in Weatherford on Nov. 6 to consider evidence presented by the Parker County District Attorney’s office in a number of criminal cases.
Among others, the grand jury handed down indictments against two people who live in the Azle area.
• Mikeul David Fite, 65, of Azle was indicted for theft of property, $1,500-20,000, a state jail felony.… Read the rest
Greer’s Christmas Tour stops at ACBC, TV special airs in December
by Carla Noah Stutsman
Azle folk will soon have a unique opportunity to fight hunger locally, enjoy world class entertainment in the form of a Christmas concert and – for many – meet up with an old friend.… Read the rest
The following individuals who list addresses in the Azle and/or Springtown areas were arrested by various law enforcement agencies and booked into the Parker County Jail between Oct. 24 and Nov. 7.
• A 35-year-old Springtown woman was arrested Oct. 24 by Parker County Sheriff’s deputies and charged with possession of a controlled substance – penalty group 1, 1-4 grams. She also had active warrants for failure to identify from Westworth Village and a parole violation from Austin.… Read the rest
by Natalie Gentry
For the tenth year in a row, First Baptist Church Springtown will act as a relay center for Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Also, the week of Nov. 17-24 marks the fourth year that First Baptist Azle has collected shoeboxes for OCC – a program aimed at providing needy children all over the world with Christmas gifts.
The project – organized by international Christian relief group Samaritan’s Purse – began in 1993 and, since then, has collected and delivered more than 113 million gifts to poverty-stricken children in more than 130 countries on six continents.… Read the rest
But Parker County sees drop from November 2013
by Carla Noah Stutsman
Texas Comptroller Susan Combs distributed November local sales tax allocations totaling $723.1 million to cities, counties, transit systems and special purpose taxing districts across the state Nov. 5.
Statewide, the November 2014 allocations rose 10.5 percent compared to November 2013. However, in Parker County, the numbers dipped from a year ago.
With the single exception of Parker County, every local entity recognized an increase in its November allocations compared with November 2013.… Read the rest