Tuesday, Oct. 1, is National Night Out in Texas. Neighborhoods throughout Azle are invited to join forces with thousands of communities nationwide for the “30th Annual National Night Out” (NNO) crime and drug prevention event. Once again, Target is a national corporate sponsor along with Associa and NextDoor.com, which is a private social network like Facebook but for your neighborhood. National Night Out, a year-long community building campaign, is designed to:
* Heighten crime prevention awareness;
* Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs;
* Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
* Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
From 6-9 p.m., Azle residents are asked to lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend the evening outside with neighbors and police. Neighborhoods throughout Azle will be hosting a variety of special events such as block parties and cookouts, along with visits from police.
Meeting areas will be at the following locations:
* 620 Stribling Circle, the Lee residence
* 1100 Sportsmans RV Park, hosted by management
* 600 Oak View Ct., the Smith Residence
* 512 Harbor Crest, the Porch residence
* 1400 Flying Jib Dr., the McPherson residence
* 629 Clearbrook Drive, the Krueger residence
* 301 Shady Ln., hosted by 305 Shady Ln.
* 736 Dunaway Ln., the Koch residence
* 512 Walnut Creek Dr., the Plaunty residence
* 275 Timberlake Dr., hosted by Timberlake HOA
Contact Azle Police Detective Little for more information (817) 444-3221. For additional information on National Night Out, go to: www.nationalnightout.org
Category: News Archived